Kicking off with a private Aziz Ansari comedy show honoring Superstorm Sandy volunteers, and continuing with year-long partnerships with Habitat for Humanity, Wounded Warrior Project® & Tough Mudder, Advil® recognizes everyday heroes who exemplify #ReliefinAction
Pfizer Consumer Healthcare (NYSE: PFE), makers of Advil®, is kicking off its Advil® Relief in Action campaign today that honors volunteers who don’t let pain get in the way of providing relief to others in need. Advil® Relief in Action celebrates the efforts of these tireless everyday heroes, as well as supports and contributes to the efforts of Habitat for Humanity and Wounded Warrior Project® (WWP), whose volunteers exemplify Relief in Action and work to improve the lives of others every day. Advil® is also kicking-off a national call to action for everyone to show Advil® how you see Relief in Action by sharing inspiring photos on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #ReliefinAction.
As part of the launch, Advil® is teaming up with comedian Aziz Ansari who will perform a private comedy show for 200 people, 100 Superstorm Sandy volunteers and their guests, who dedicated their time and energy to help their neighbors rebuild and get back on their feet. These volunteers know firsthand how aches and pains can result from actively volunteering to rebuild their community, but they didn’t let that hold them back.
"I'm very happy to help with the Advil® Relief in Action campaign," Aziz says. "Tonight's show at Barclays Center is for the amazing volunteers who helped out affected areas during the devastation of Superstorm Sandy. I'm very honored to perform for them."
Initiatives recognizing volunteers include:
- Kick Off at Barclays Center with Aziz Ansari:
- Advil® Relief in Action rolls out tonight at Barclays Center where comedian Aziz Ansari and the Brooklyn Nets will join in celebrating Tri-State Habitat for Humanity volunteers who gave selflessly during and after Superstorm Sandy. Approximately one hundred volunteers will be spotlighted before the game and after will be treated to an unforgettable private comedy show by Aziz Ansari.
- The Advil® Relief in Action program will also be brought to life on the Daily News Plaza at Barclays Center through a mural, by Brooklyn artist Jose Roldan Rendon from Brush Décor Studio, recognizing and supporting the commitment of volunteers dedicated to relieving the pain of others.
- #ReliefinAction – A celebration of giving back in pictures
- Starting today, Advil® will encourage people to upload photos onto Twitter and Instagram of people giving back by using #ReliefinAction. In addition, check out the inspiring collage of photos celebrating volunteers on Advil.com.
- Five heroes, including professional football great and committed volunteer Victor Cruz, will lend their faces and stories to the campaign. The heroes include 25-year-old Paul Ridley, who was the youngest American to row across the Atlantic, and Alison Thompson who set up relief and aid camps in local communities after disasters, including September 11th, earthquakes in Haiti and Superstorm Sandy.
- Partnerships with Habitat for Humanity, Wounded Warrior Project® and Tough Mudder
- Starting in May1, a portion of the price of participating Advil® bottles will go to Habitat for Humanity International and Wounded Warrior Project®. The Advil® Relief in Action program will also be onsite at Habitat for Humanity builds and in conjunction with Wounded Warrior Project® at Tough Mudder events.
"Advil® is the Brand that helps people relieve their tough pain. We know that it’s tough when you’re suffering from pain and need relief, but it’s quite another issue when pain holds you back from helping others who count on you. Frankly, letting tough pain get in the way is not an option," said Brian Groves, Chief Marketing Officer at Pfizer Consumer Healthcare. "Advil® Relief in Action recognizes and supports the commitment of active volunteers. And, we’re making it possible for Advil® buyers to support the everyday heroes among us and these great organizations by making a financial donation through their purchase of participating Advil® bottles."
In 2013, Advil® is reaching out to give back, honoring the best among us, volunteers. Their selfless commitment is - Relief in Action.
Advil® is the number-one selling over-the-counter pain reliever in the United States.* Advil® provides relief from multiple aches and pains -- including headaches, backaches, muscle aches and minor arthritis pains. The Advil® line of products also includes Children’s Advil®, Advil® PM, Advil® Cold & Sinus, Advil® Allergy Sinus, and Advil® Congestion Relief. Use as directed.
* Among OTC brands
Pfizer Inc.: Working together for a healthier world™
At Pfizer, we apply science and our global resources to bring therapies to people that extend and significantly improve their lives. We strive to set the standard for quality, safety and value in the discovery, development and manufacture of health care products. Our global portfolio includes medicines and vaccines as well as many of the world's best-known consumer health care products. Every day, Pfizer colleagues work across developed and emerging markets to advance wellness, prevention, treatments and cures that challenge the most feared diseases of our time. Consistent with our responsibility as one of the world's premier innovative biopharmaceutical companies, we collaborate with health care providers, governments and local communities to support and expand access to reliable, affordable health care around the world. For more than 150 years, Pfizer has worked to make a difference for all who rely on us. To learn more, please visit us at www.pfizer.com.
About Habitat for Humanity International
Habitat for Humanity International is a global nonprofit Christian housing organization that seeks to put God’s love into action by bringing people together to build homes, communities and hope. Since 1976, Habitat has served more than 600,000 families by welcoming people of all races, religions and nationalities to construct, rehabilitate or preserve homes; by advocating for fair and just housing policies; and by providing training and access to resources to help families improve their shelter conditions. For more information, to donate or to volunteer, please visit www.habitat.org, or follow us at www.facebook.com/habitat or at www.twitter.com/habitat_org or join Habitat’s blog community at www.habitat.org/blog.
About Wounded Warrior Project®
The mission of Wounded Warrior Project® (WWP) is to honor and empower Wounded Warriors. WWP’s purpose is to raise awareness and to enlist the public’s aid for the needs of injured service members, to help injured servicemen and women aid and assist each other, and to provide unique, direct programs and services to meet their needs. WWP is a national, nonpartisan organization headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida. To get involved and learn more, visit woundedwarriorproject.org.
About Tough Mudder
Tough Mudder LLC was founded in 2010 by Will Dean and Guy Livingstone. Considered “Probably the Toughest Event on the Planet,” each Tough Mudder endurance challenge tests participants’ toughness, fitness, strength, stamina, mental grit and teamwork. In 2012, Tough Mudder hosted 35 events, including international events in the U.K., Canada and Australia. Tough Mudder has 53 events scheduled for 2013, including continued international expansion into Germany. For the schedule of event dates and locations, visit www.ToughMudder.com.
1 For every participating* product purchased, Advil® will donate 5 cents of the purchase price to Habitat for Humanity International and 5 cents of the purchase price to Wounded Warrior Project®.
Program period: May 19, 2013 – December 31, 2013. Habitat for Humanity International maximum donation $400,000; minimum donation $250,000. Wounded Warrior Project® maximum donation $150,000; minimum donation $75,000.
*Participating Products: Advil® Liqui-Gels® 80CT, Advil® Liqui-Gels® 160CT, Advil® Tablet 100CT, Advil® Tablet 200CT, Advil® Migraine 80CT, Advil® PM 80CT, Advil® PM 120CT.
MacKay Jimeson, 212-733-2324